Position: Chief Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
East African Civil Aviation Academy (Soroti Airport) is the training base for the Soroti Flying School – Uganda, which provides training through instrument and multiengine ratings.
The institute is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Chief Aircraft Maintenance Engineer. The incumbent will ensure proper maintenance of all training aircraft, equipment and facilities.
Salary Scale: Uganda Government Scale U1E
Reports to: Head of Training.
Supervises: Principal Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Terms of Service: Renewable contract up to 60 months/ Permanent and Pensionable
- Designing, developing and implementing aircraft and other equipment maintenance programs;
- Approving maintenance requirements and schedules on the advice of the Principal Aircraft Maintenance Engineer;
- Determining maintenance standards in consultation with the Civil Aviation Authority;
- Constantly reviewing and evaluating the maintenance schedules and programs of Academy aircraft and associated equipment.
- Approving the programs of attachment of students from the Engineering School in consultation with the Chief Engineering Instructor;
- Supervising students on internship placement from other Aviation Maintenance Schools.
- Preparing development plans for the Aircraft Maintenance Department for consideration by the Director;
- Chairing department meetings of the maintenance organization.
- Ensuring proper management and utilization of departmental resources;
- Preparing estimates of expenditure and procurement plans for the Department; and
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
- Be a holder of an Engineering Instructor license and Diploma in ICAO type 2 aircraft maintenance engineering;
- Be a holder of a valid AME licence with ratings on both piston and gas turbine engines;
- ‘A’ Level Certificate of Education with at least two principal passes in science subjects with a valid Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s Licence, Category A and C;
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Aeronautical Engineering from a recognized University is of added advantage;
- Good knowledge of the Civil Aviation Maintenance and Airworthiness Regulations and ICAO standards and recommended practices;
- Extensive knowledge of training and testing of trainees;
- Possess sound supervisory & managerial skills;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good understanding of Human Factors and safety management systems knowledge relevant to aviation maintenance organizations.
- Should be knowledgeable on both Single and Twin Engine aircraft (piston, turbo-prop and gas turbine engines;
- The incumbent should have at least ten (10) years working experience in the relevant field with five years at supervisory level; and
- Must have working knowledge of computer applications.
Applications must be addressed to The Director, East African Civil Aviation Academy, Soroti – Uganda.
Suitable candidates are required to send their application letter and resume to email@example.com.
Deadline: January 15, 2018.