Position: Chief Engineering Instructor
East African Civil Aviation Academy (Soroti Airport) is the training base for the Soroti Flying School – Uganda, which provides training through instrument and multiengine ratings.
The institute is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Chief Engineering Instructor. The successful candidate will conduct professional engineering instruction for aircraft maintenance engineer trainees and manage the assets and resources of the academy’s engineering school.
Salary Scale: Uganda Government U1
Reports to: Academic Registrar (Head of Training)
Supervises: Principal Engineering Instructor.
Terms of Service: Renewable Contract up to 60 months/Permanent and Pensionable.
The Chief Engineering Instructor is responsible for:
- Day to day administration of the Engineering School;
- Designing, developing and ensuring implementation of the syllabus and instructional programmes of the Engineering School, in accordance with the Civil Aviation (Personnel Licensing) Regulations and ICAO Requirements;
- Be accountable for the adequacy and suitability of the teaching equipment aids and tools;
- Directing the preventive and corrective maintenance of engineering equipment, aids and tools;
- Initiating policy and developing plans for the Engineering School for approval by the Head of Training;
- Preparing of estimates of expenditure and procurement plans for the Engineering School;
- Evaluate student eligibility for admission into engineering school;
- Chairing the Departmental meetings of the Engineering School; and
- Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- A valid Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s licence (A and C), plus a certificate in Aircraft Engineering Instruction techniques and a Diploma in ICAO type 2 maintenance engineering;
- A Degree in Aeronautical Engineering may be of added advantage.
- Must have sound supervisory and management skills;
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills, and have good understanding of human nature and possess the ability to get along with other people;
- Must have good knowledge of the Civil Aviation (Airworthiness, Approved Maintenance Organisations, Personnel Licensing and Safety Management Systems) Regulations;
- Must have knowledge of human factors and safety management systems relevant to maintenance engineering;
- Must have knowledge on both single and twin (reciprocating and turbine) engines;
- Must have knowledge of computer applications.
Must have worked as a Maintenance Engineer and Engineering Instructor for a minimum of 5 years.
Applications must be addressed to The Director, East African Civil Aviation Academy, Soroti – Uganda.
Suitable candidates are required to send their application letter and resume to email@example.com.
Deadline: January 15, 2017.