Position: Chief Flying Instructor
East African Civil Aviation Academy (Soroti Airport) is the training base for the Soroti Flying School – Uganda, which provides training through instrument and multiengine ratings.
The incumbent oversee the professional flight instruction for the training courses offered by the Academy and all flight training staff, providing support and guidance while ensuring standards are maintained, if not exceeded.
Salary Scale: Uganda Government Scale U1E
Reports to: Academic Registrar (Head of Training)
Supervises: Principal Flying Instructor
Terms of Service: Renewable Contract up to 60 months/Permanent and Pensionable
- Designing, developing and implementing the syllabus for the Academy in consultation and liaison with the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and other related organizations;
- Assessing and determining the adequacy and efficiency of the teaching aids, tools and equipment for the flying section;
- Initiation of policy and development plans for the flying school for consideration by the Head of Training;
- Preparation of estimates of expenditure and procurement plans for pilot training;
- Evaluate student performance at each stage of instruction;
- Set and review flying school exams;
- Evaluate student eligibility for admission;
- Chairing department meetings; and
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time;
- ‘A’ Level Certificate of Education with two principal passes in Science subjects, with a valid Airline Transport Pilot License and current Flight Instructor Rating;
- A Bachelors Degree in an aviation discipline of study may be of added advantage;
- Must hold a valid instructor rating on single and multi-engine aircraft and on at least the Cessna 172, Cessna 310 and Beechcraft Baron G58 Types with a minimum of 5000 flying hours.
- Good instructional skills;
- Good understanding of Aviation Human Factors and Safety Management Systems relevant to flight training;
- Possess sound supervisory & managerial skills;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Must have knowledge of computer applications;
- Extensive knowledge of flight training and assessment of trainees; and
- Must have a good record of personal integrity;
- Must have flight examiner course training
Not less than ten (10) years’ experience as a flying instructor in a training organization, or a minimum of five (5) years as training captain instructing under an Air Operator Certificate.
Applications must be addressed to The Director, East African Civil Aviation Academy, Soroti – Uganda.
Suitable candidates are required to send their application letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: January 15, 2018.