Position: Head of Training
East African Civil Aviation Academy (Soroti Airport) is the training base for the Soroti Flying School – Uganda, which provides training through instrument and multiengine ratings.
The institute is looking for a Head of Training to lead its training programs.
Reporting to: Director of East African Civil Aviation Academy-Soroti
Direct reports: Chief Flying Instructor, Chief Ground Instructor, and Chief Engineering Instructor.
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable.
Ensure that training programs conform to the training procedures and manuals approved by Civil Aviation Authority and provide leadership and direction to heads of departments.
- Ensure implementation and execution of the Academy’s development strategies;
- Provide leadership and direction for technical staff, ensuring that they meet the set performance targets.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring satisfactory integration of practical, synthetic and theoretical knowledge training and for supervising the progress of individual piloting students;
- Overall responsibility for ensuring satisfactory integration of engineering training, that includes practical and theoretical knowledge instruction and supervising the progress of individual students;
- Overall responsibility for ensuring satisfactory integration of Flight Operations theoretical and practical training and the progress of individual students;
- Overall responsibility for ensuring satisfactory integration of Air Traffic Management simulator and practical training and supervising the progress of individual students;
- Ensure that the Academy’s training programs comply with the approved training methodologies; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director from time to time.
Hold or have held an Airline Transport Pilot License or a Commercial Pilots License with Instrument Rating and frozen Airline Transport Pilot License;
Hold or have held an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s License (Category “A” or “C” and “X”).
A Bachelor or Masters Degree is of added advantage.
He/She should possess an Instructor License or equivalent certification in Aviation Training at an advanced level;
- He/She must have extensive knowledge of training and testing of trainees;
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills, be technically competent, be impartial in carrying out tasks, be tactful, have good understanding of human nature and possess the ability to get along with other people;
- Should possess sound supervisory and managerial skills;
- Should have a good understanding of Human Factors and Safety Management Systems relevant to Aviation Training Organizations;
- Should have good knowledge of quality management;
- Must be knowledgeable in developing operational, training and safety manuals;
- Must have knowledge of computer applications; and
- Must have a good record of personal integrity.
Not less than eight (8) years of experience as an instructor in an Approved Training Organization;
Not less than three years in a supervisory position as a trainer and/or examiner.
Applications must be addressed to The Director, East African Civil Aviation Academy, Soroti – Uganda.
Suitable candidates are required to send their application letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: January 15, 2018.